Personal Injury Attorney Can Solve Your Situation Positively

A construction accident can occur at any time and for almost any reason. If you are the victim of such an accident, it may be impossible to work for an extended period of time. However, you may be entitled to file a workers’ compensation claim or a personal injury lawsuit in its aftermath.

What Is Workers’ Compensation?

The workers’ compensation system is designed to help you pay medical bills and recoup lost wages after a workplace accident. While the amount that you can receive is limited by state law, there is no need to prove employer negligence. A construction accident attorney in Joliet may be able to help you file a workers compensation claim or answer any questions that you have about the system.

When Can I File a Personal Injury Lawsuit?

As a general rule, you can file a personal injury lawsuit if an accident was caused by gross negligence. This could occur if an employer failed to provide proper safety equipment or if the safety equipment was defective for any reason. Filing a personal injury lawsuit may be beneficial because there’s generally a higher ceiling to the amount of damages that you can claim.

If you don’t think that you can work again in the future, you may be entitled to an award for lost future earnings. Your construction accident attorney in Joliet may be able to review the case and determine if you have the ability to file a personal injury claim. Cases may be resolved through a negotiated settlement or through a formal trial.

If you have been hurt in a construction accident, talk to the attorneys at Block, Klukas & Manzella, P.C. A free consultation can be done in person or over the phone. You also have the option of visiting their website at

2 people like this post.


Share This Post On