Basic Stud Welding Supplies
Stud welding is one more tool in a manufacturer’s belt to help improve its ability to compete in today’s marketplaces. Its ability to speed up productivity effectively and efficiently while retaining quality standards makes it a viable option to other forms of metal joining. With three common options for joining metal studs, each with its own particular type of stud welding supplies and equipment, it is important to know the factors influencing what is right for a company and its production system.
Stud welding occurs using capacitor discharge, drawn arc and short cycle (a variation of arc stud welding). Each method is different according to its materials, power usage, stud selection, and capabilities. Among the many supplies, a welder requires to perform this type of welding are the following items.
* Ferrules: These multi-purpose items perform the following services:
- Aids in shielding the welder from the arc
- Minimizes the atmosphere the flux must purge
- Materializes the liquefied metal into the fillet
* Weld Studs: These are an integral component of stud welding. Supplies of this nature are specific to each type of stud welding. As a result, welders choose either drawn arc weld studs or capacitator discharge (CD) weld studs. Weld studs also fall into threaded and unthreaded categories
* Stud Weldable Ports: Among the choices are weldable hydraulic ports. These permit fast, durable welds onto hydraulic cylinders.
* Power Sources/Cables: These are essential. Various tie mounting bases and holders help to manage the cables
* Cable Management System: In order to keep the cables from entanglement, interference in the work or destructive forces, welders use tie mounting bases and holders
Stud Welding Supplies
As in any other craft, trade or manufacturing process, the technique requires certain accessories – some integral to the actual process. In stud welding, supplies such as weld studs, ferrules, and a cable management system are requisite. They ensure the welder has the right tools for the job.